SOLE México is a community focused on promoting SOLE with Mexican teachers, schools and education enthusiasts. Our goal is to expand the notion of Self Organised Learning Environments and Minimally Invasive Education through a nonprofit organisation and a social startup in order to have a social-economic approach to education in our country.
We have grown into a strong community, collaborating to expand the reaches of internet literacy, digital abilities and self-sustained knowledge acquisition through technology, having always in mind the importance of learning through collaboration, motivation and creativity.
The SOLE México Community has grown to have more than 30 teachers involved, more than 20 facilitators and 1 SOLE Lab:
- SOLE Centro Comunitario de Cómputo “La puerta de Tres Marías”
- SOLE Julián Carrillo, San Luís Potosí
- SOLE Colegio Hebreo Tarbut, México D.f.
- SOLE Escuela Secundaria Pública “Calmecac” México, CDMX (Research project)
- SOLE Lab: Centro Educativo Monarca, Zamora, Michoacán.
There are several organisations that have helped us to reach our goals, such as:
- Google for Education México: who has supported with 40 computers to the research project.
- Endless México: Preloaded operating system for no need of internet connection.
- Clever Academy: Innovation in education and technology company focused to take low cost education to rural communities.
- Región Digital: Company focused to take low cost internet to rural communities.
- Digital Family: Digital Citizenship for kids and young adults.
We are looking forward to keep collaborating to take SOLE into schools and community centers all over Mexico and the rest of the world.