Welcome to our School in the Cloud education portal (the “Site”) which is owned and operated by the University of Newcastle upon Tyne (“we” or “us”).
Other applicable terms
Information about us
School in the Cloud is a site operated by University of Newcastle upon Tyne. We are a charitable organisation established under the Universities of Durham and Newcastle upon Tyne Act 1963, a Statute of England, and have an address for service at King’s Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, United Kingdom.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
USE OF THE SITE
We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Site, including all Content made available on or accessed through the site, is provided “as is” and we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether expressed or implied, that the Content made available through the site is accurate, complete or up to date. The Site may contain typographical errors and you agree that we shall not be bound by any such errors.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Site; or ii. use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site.
You agree not to use the Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of business opportunity or for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Any Content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose, but you are required to grant us [and other users of the Site], and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, an irrevocable, transferable, sublicenseable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, reproduce, display, edit, modify and distribute such information and Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content, for the purposes of maintaining the Site and making Content available,
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content. Furthermore, we do not endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy and reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Site by any third party. We assume no responsibility and no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any such content.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any Content posted by you. We expressly reserve the right to remove or revoke your registration and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the Site if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you pose a threat to the Site and/or its users.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
The Site is a space dedicated to helping children engage in new and creative ways of learning. You should not post Content to the Site that is inappropriate for or unrelated to this mission. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the type of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Site. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 21;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords from other users or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or
- includes a photograph or video footage of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent or other third party content including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, artwork or any other copyrighted, trademarked, or proprietary third party content that you have not secured permission to include on the Site.
If you wish to report any Content or conduct on the Site that you believe is inappropriate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CONTENT MONITORING
The Site may contain links to other web sites and resources provided by third parties (including without limitation Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms). We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the terms and conditions and privacy statements of each and every web site that you visit.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
TERMINATION OF ACCESS
JURISDICTION AND GOVERNING LAW
English law governs these terms and conditions. You and we submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Thank you for visiting the Site.